News:

AMGBA Technical Sections (Vol. III & IV) - copies of tech topics published from 1997 to current in the Octagon on CD-Rom/USB drive/emailed, indexed: $25; printed version $50 (see club store at www.mgclub.org for ordering details)

Main Menu

AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog

Join or renew for 3 years and receive a free t-shirt
or tech sections on USB flash drive /emailed/CD or past Octagon issues on USB flash drive/emailed/CD
see details in the join the club section at www.mgclub.org!

Voltage Regulator

Started by december2006, January 16, 2007, 12:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

december2006

I ordered a replacement voltage regulator for my 77 MGB through Victoria British. The regulator presently on my alternator has only two wires - a black and a yellow. The replacement (from SENTEX, Fair Sun Industrial Co.) has four wires: black, yellow, red, and white. Does anyone know where I can get a schematic as to how to hook this replacement up ? Although I rechecked the part number, could I have gotten the wrong regulator ?

Thank You

John

amgba

The internal regulators on the Lucas alternators vary greatly are really serial number specific. Many will work interchangeably, but certainly not all. My advice would be to take it to a Lucas-knowledgeable alternator shop either for advice or proper repair.
Art Isaacs
American MGB Association
email: info@mgclub.org
phone/text: 773-769-7084

North America's oldest and largest club for all MGBs, MGB-GTs & Midgets.  A nonprofit organization founded in 1975 and offers color magazines, emagazines, technical advice, member recommendations on service shops, registration of your MG, a tradition of service & FREE member classified ads that appear in the magazine & on the website.

back to AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog