AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader

Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.mgclub.org!

Author Topic: Voltage Regulator  (Read 5751 times)

december2006

• Message Board Member not current AMGBA Club Member
Voltage Regulator
« on: January 16, 2007, 12:58:35 AM »
I ordered a replacement voltage regulator for my 77 MGB through Victoria British. The regulator presently on my alternator has only two wires - a black and a yellow. The replacement (from SENTEX, Fair Sun Industrial Co.) has four wires: black, yellow, red, and white. Does anyone know where I can get a schematic as to how to hook this replacement up ? Although I rechecked the part number, could I have gotten the wrong regulator ?

Thank You

John

amgba

• American MGB Association
  • AMGBA Club Administrator
Re: Voltage Regulator
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 02:23:39 AM »
The internal regulators on the Lucas alternators vary greatly are really serial number specific. Many will work interchangeably, but certainly not all. My advice would be to take it to a Lucas-knowledgeable alternator shop either for advice or proper repair.
Art Isaacs
American MGB Association
email: info@mgclub.org
phone/text: 773-769-7084

North America's oldest and largest club for all MGBs, MGB-GTs & Midgets.  A nonprofit organization founded in 1975 and offers color magazines, emagazines, technical advice, member recommendations on service shops, registration of your MG, a tradition of service & FREE member classified ads that appear in the magazine & on the website.

AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog