AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader

Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.mgclub.org!

Author Topic: V8 Running Hot  (Read 36 times)

june2020

• An AMGBA Club Member
V8 Running Hot
« on: May 10, 2020, 12:59:59 PM »
I have an MGB GT V8 and I live in Scotland I have watched a number of your videos and found then to very good.

I am having a standard problem with my V8 that is running very hot. I have read on the V8 register section 248 that the America cars had brushless 12 volt DC cooling fan motors and six blade fans and that the motors are the same the standard motor but it is brushless and the fan has six blades as to the standard four blade fan.

I am very interested to find out what the part number of these motors and part number of the fans.

I am very willing to purchase two motors and two fans and have them shipped to Scotland.

I know that you are very knowledgeable regarding MGs and was hoping that you could help me with this question and where I can purchase these motors and fans   

Ian Brown, Scotland

JohnTwist

• AMGBA Club Tech Staff
    • University Motors
Re: V8 Running Hot
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 01:17:49 PM »
I am only familiar with the permanent magnet, two brush motors used on our MGBs 1977-1980.  Those are POWERFUL units driving the four bladed fans that consume more energy than anything else on the vehicle save the starter motor.  I have seen some Bosch units but I am unfamiliar with six bladed fans.  Iíll ask around!

SAFETY FAST!
John H Twist
University Motors Online
100 East Beltline Avenue SE
Grand Rapids MI 49506-2410
Cell:  616-307-6737
www.universitymotorsltd.com

SAFETY FAST!
John H Twist
University Motors Online
100 East Beltline Avenue SE
Grand Rapids, MI  49506

616-307-6737
johntwist@universitymotorsltd.com
www.universitymotorsltd.com

If you have found my technical advice helpful, please consider making a contribution to help defray my online expenses.  Go to my website and click the PayPal button: www.universitymotorsltd.com.

†† AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog