AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader

Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.mgclub.org!

Author Topic: Lights Not Working  (Read 54 times)

december2020

• An AMGBA Club Member
Lights Not Working
« on: November 14, 2020, 05:12:59 PM »
Help needed. I am experiencing some electrical woes!  Brake lights will work, but taillights, side marker lights, and license plate frame lights will not.  Let me know of you have a suggestion. 

I thought I followed the wiring diagrams everyone shares and I read through some forums, what am I missing?  Thanks for any help, hopefully I can get a bit more done to project Bobby B as the year closes out into next Spring!

Matt Brailsford

amgba

• American MGB Association
  • AMGBA Club Administrator
Re: Lights Not Working
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 05:40:18 PM »
My guess is that are suffering from bad grounds.  Each of those light bases has a ground lead that needs to be removed, cleaned and then reinstalled.  Also corroded bullet connectors need to be parted, cleaned and resnapped. Hope this helps.
Ron Stuckey
American MGB Association
email: info@mgclub.org
phone/text: 773-769-7084

North America's oldest and largest club for all MGBs, MGB-GTs & Midgets.  A nonprofit organization founded in 1975 and offers color magazines, emagazines, technical advice, member recommendations on service shops, registration of your MG, a tradition of service & FREE member classified ads that appear in the magazine & on the website.

AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog