AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader

Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.mgclub.org!

Author Topic: Hello, new to MGs  (Read 158 times)

LeftHandedDriver

• AMGBA Club Member
  • MG information: 1979 red Midget
Hello, new to MGs
« on: October 02, 2021, 10:01:56 PM »
I went to an absolute auction a few days ago andÖ became the new owner of a í79 Midget. It had belonged to the sellerís dad - still titled in the original ownerís name - he kept it indoors for 20 years after his dad passed away. It came with a trailer hitch - his dad towed it to Florida with him each year when he went down there for the winter.

Itís red, around 59,000 miles, nice convertible soft top. Always kept inside. I currently have it at my mechanic who is just looking it over. EGR seems deleted and air pump is disconnected. Thereís no hose going into the heater box.

The seller thinks the brakes are acting a bit soft so Iím having him look at that. Itís in very nice shape, the red paint is still glossy and shiny.

What are some good preventative maintenance items to do for this car? I live in Ohio and winter is coming soon, so I plan on keeping it inside and taking care of any maintenance issues until spring arrives. My mechanic recommended getting it oil sprayed underneath - any thoughts in that?

Thanks and hope to meet some of you some day!
- LeftHandedDriver

†† AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog