News:

Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt, or tech (CD/USB drive/emailed or past Octagons (CD/USB drive/emailed), see details in the "Join the Club" section at www.mgclub.org!

Main Menu

AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog

Join or renew for 3 years and receive a free t-shirt
or tech sections on USB flash drive /emailed/CD or past Octagon issues on USB flash drive/emailed/CD
see details in the join the club section at www.mgclub.org!

Oil Pressure

Started by december2021, November 21, 2021, 07:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

december2021

Engine will not make more than 5-10psi using 20w50 oil. Same pressure with 2 different gauges.

Engine rebuilt with zero miles. I am 90% sure i got the oil pump gasket correct (I remember paying attention as I read it could be an issue).

New oil pump with uprated oil pressure relief spring.

If I disconnect oil gauge line it takes about 90 sec for oil to drool out, not a stream.

If i pull the oil pressure relief plug, oil come out instantly. No oil comes out of the rockers.

Any help would be appreciated.
Shaun Mc Curdy

amgba

That happened to me when I built my engine, check the gasket on the oil pump there are two sets of gasket in the kit .disconnect the engine mounts and jack the engine up put a block of wood between the mount and the engine and you will be able to drop the oil pan.

Gerard G Pantin
American MGB Association
email: info@mgclub.org
phone/text: 773-769-7084

North America's oldest and largest club for all MGBs, MGB-GTs & Midgets.  A nonprofit organization founded in 1975 and offers color magazines, emagazines, technical advice, member recommendations on service shops, registration of your MG, a tradition of service & FREE member classified ads that appear in the magazine & on the website.

back to AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog