News:

Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt, or tech (CD/USB drive/emailed or past Octagons (CD/USB drive/emailed), see details in the "Join the Club" section at www.mgclub.org!

Main Menu

AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog

Join or renew for 3 years and receive a free t-shirt
or tech sections on USB flash drive /emailed/CD or past Octagon issues on USB flash drive/emailed/CD
see details in the join the club section at www.mgclub.org!

Need Tech Advice on Doing a Rear Brake job on a 1966 MGB Roadster

Started by MGJACK45, August 09, 2022, 12:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MGJACK45

Hello,
I just decided to pull my rear RT brake because it was freezing up.  I assumed the brake cylinder on that brake was leaking fluid. Sure enough, i was right!  Shoes lining looked amazingly good after I cleaned it up. I ordered a new cylinder and new springs from MOSS MOTORS. I removed the shoes and put in the new cylinder. I used mostly new springs.

THE PROBLEM IS:

I had a real problem getting the drum back on. I adjusted the brakes all the way down and disconnected the hand brake so that it would not interfere. I finally got them on, but they are as tight as hell!! After I mounted the tire, it would not turn.

I am hoping once I bleed the brake and pump the brakes, that brake may self-center and loosen up. Has anyone experienced a similar problem and can advise me how to get me out of this fix? thank so much!
Jack Lipomi

back to AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog