AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog

Join or renew for 3 years and receive a free t-shirt
or tech sections on USB flash drive /emailed/CD or past Octagon issues on USB flash drive/emailed/CD
see details in the join the club section at www.mgclub.org!

Turn signal problem

Started by 2022, August 04, 2022, 01:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969 MGB Tourer. Turn signals stopped working over the winter. I traced the problem to the switch; the car cover had leaked and the contacts were corroded. I cleaned the contacts and the signals worked.
Two days later, no turn signals. I assumed (possibly erroneously) that the switch was shot. Bought a new switch from Moss and installed it: still no turn signals. In the neutral position (not signalling) there's voltage on the wiper (the light green wire). In the signalling position, the voltage goes to zero, as if it were shorted to ground. But the fuse doesn't blow, so that's not it.
Thanks for any suggestion.

amgba

To get a response I would suggest putting your contact info in the question.  No one will be able to contact you as the id of 2022 is used by many members not just you.

I would also suggest a name so that we can match you up with any responses we may get.

For a faster response, I would suggest posting on our Facebook group at:

Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/groups/americanmgbassociation

American MGB Association
email: info@mgclub.org
phone/text: 773-769-7084

North America's oldest and largest club for all MGBs, MGB-GTs & Midgets.  A nonprofit organization founded in 1975 and offers color magazines, emagazines, technical advice, member recommendations on service shops, registration of your MG, a tradition of service & FREE member classified ads that appear in the magazine & on the website.

Sorry. Contact info:

Don Grimes
AMGBA 80-1402
deg@ravinesoft.com
408-354-9139

back to AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog