AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog

Join or renew for 3 years and receive a free t-shirt
or tech sections on USB flash drive /emailed/CD or past Octagon issues on USB flash drive/emailed/CD
see details in the join the club section at www.mgclub.org!

Battery Draining

Started by 2022, August 09, 2022, 12:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Having trouble with my battery draining as the car sits. The cables are very clean and the battery is two years old. I've checked everything I know to check and haven't found anything that leads me to a fix.

Any help from my MG brothers would be outstanding.

Todd Wolfe

amgba

Is the battery charging? Is there a draw on the battery with the ignition off? Check battery voltage under load, I have had brand new batteries that would drop a cell under load.

I did not trust the wiring on my '79 B so I installed a battery disconnect switch behind the passenger seat. I use it whenever I am away from the car. Prevents someone from hot wiring too

Robert Betikofer
American MGB Association
email: info@mgclub.org
phone/text: 773-769-7084

North America's oldest and largest club for all MGBs, MGB-GTs & Midgets.  A nonprofit organization founded in 1975 and offers color magazines, emagazines, technical advice, member recommendations on service shops, registration of your MG, a tradition of service & FREE member classified ads that appear in the magazine & on the website.

back to AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog