News:

AMGBA Technical Sections (Vol. III & IV) - copies of tech topics published from 1997 to current in the Octagon on CD-Rom/USB drive/emailed, indexed: $25; printed version $50 (see club store at www.mgclub.org for ordering details)

Main Menu

AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog

Join or renew for 3 years and receive a free t-shirt
or tech sections on USB flash drive /emailed/CD or past Octagon issues on USB flash drive/emailed/CD
see details in the join the club section at www.mgclub.org!

Which Type of Differential Lubrication To Use

Started by amgba, August 09, 2022, 12:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amgba

Which Type of Differential Lubrication To Use

I have chosen not to be picky on differential lubes. We use old fashioned "dinosaur juice" Petroleum based oils); any good name-brand quality GL5 in the correct viscosity. I also use Limited Slip style when warranted.
For years I bought 30 gallon drums of Castrol Hypoy C and it worked just fine. It is just a little hard to keep track of for inventory purposes. Of course, I can be convinced otherwise if there is any experience to back up not using something that has worked so well for so long.

Of course, Spitfire rear ends will continue to blow up in 50K no matter WHAT you put in those silly things....if only because it all leaks out.

Glenn Lenhard
Glenn's MG Repair
3130 39th Avenue North
St. Petersburg, FL 33714
727 521-9890
www.GlennsMG.com
British Motor Trade Association
American MGB Association
email: info@mgclub.org
phone/text: 773-769-7084

North America's oldest and largest club for all MGBs, MGB-GTs & Midgets.  A nonprofit organization founded in 1975 and offers color magazines, emagazines, technical advice, member recommendations on service shops, registration of your MG, a tradition of service & FREE member classified ads that appear in the magazine & on the website.

back to AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog