AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader

Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.mgclub.org!

Author Topic: 78 mgb Holley Carb Conversion  (Read 6444 times)

crasanto

• Message Board Member but not an AMGBA Club Member
78 mgb Holley Carb Conversion
« on: April 04, 2008, 07:24:15 AM »
I am trying to find information on a Holley American 4bbl carb conversion that was done by AJP in the US back in 1978, has anyone ever seen or heard about this. I am also contacting Car n Driver as they published something in October of 1978 on this.
thanks
Tony

Art

• chfwrench
  • AMGBA Club Tech Staff
  • Memberhsip Number (if known):: 91-10014
  • MG information: '73 red B roadster
Re: 78 mgb Holley Carb Conversion
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 01:16:36 AM »
Hi Tony,

What engine was this for?  I can see a Holley carb for the V8 engine, but even the smallest seems like over-kill on the stock 1.8L-4.  Converting to any aftermarket carb is not too hard.  I've seen B series engines using a down-draft carb from an old VW Rabbit on a manifold made of sweated copper pipe.  Anyting I have on AJP, though, seems to poin to the V8 conversions.

If you are looking for V8 information try Andy's Auto Service / MGBV8 parts, 2965 Adamsville Road, Zanesville, OH (Tel: 1-740-452-0593 or 1-888-923-7062; Fax: 1-740-452-6255; Contact: Andy Achauer <andyachauer@yahoo.com>).  They specialize in V8 conversion pieces and parts for the 3.5L V8 engine, trans and carbs. 

Also, the Rover 3.5L being kin to the Buick 215CID engine, most of the performance houses like JEGs or others have manifolds, carbs and other performance gear from all the usual sources that fit.   

If you have some more information, maybe I can be of more help.

Best regards,

Art
Art Isaacs
AMGBA Tech Staff
chfwrench@aol.com

AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog