AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader

Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.mgclub.org!

Author Topic: Headlights not working on 73' MGB  (Read 4430 times)

june09

• Message Board Member not current AMGBA Club Member
Headlights not working on 73' MGB
« on: June 19, 2008, 05:18:31 PM »
Hello to all. I am a new member on this site and also a proud new owner of a 1973 MGB. I bought this car from a private seller near Chicago about 2 months ago. This car has been in pretty good shape although it needs a few minor upgrades here and there. The reason I am posting this message is because for the past few days, I am having problems with the headlights on my MGB. They were working fine until about a week ago and then one night they just died. All the turn signals, brake lights, reverse lights seem to work fine. I also checked the fuse box and all the fuses are intact. The rocker switch for the lights on the dash is not lighting up as well. My research indicates that this might be a ground wire issue. However, since this is my first MGB, I am not very well acquainted with the nuances of this car. I looked up the wiring diagram in the Hoynes manual and it gave me a headache. Can someone please explain to me in layman's terms how to go about testing the ground wire (if this is the case)? Where and what exactly should I be looking for? If there are any other suggestions, please let me know. Summer is here and it sucks that I cannot drive my MGB at night.

Thanks in advance.

Sal

AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog