AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader

Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.mgclub.org!

Author Topic: Interior Colors  (Read 11690 times)

carolina_mg

• Message Board Member but not an AMGBA Club Member
Interior Colors
« on: August 12, 2008, 07:24:25 PM »
I am working on restoration of a 1972 MGB RD and am researching original color combinations. My car was evidently Teal Blue paint with a dark brown interior (autumn leaf?), but interested to know what color carpet went with this. I find many guides on exterior paint colors by year but nothing on interior color options by year. Is this data available??

Thanks,
Carolina_MGB

gfurst

• Message Board Member not current AMGBA Club Member
Re: Interior Colors
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 06:27:45 PM »
I looked up your color in the Original MGB and it says that Teal Blue cars for 1972 had Autumn Leaf as the interior color. This would not be a dark brown but more like a medium lite brown. The next year changed the interior color that went with Teal Blue (my favorate color) to an Ochre trim color. It was not popular and was very short lived.

gfurst

• Message Board Member not current AMGBA Club Member
Re: Interior Colors
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 06:34:20 PM »
I noticed that I didn't answer your question. The carpets would also be Autumn Leaf in color. Usually all the components of the interior are of a similar color.  Hope that helps, George Furst

AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog