AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader

Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.mgclub.org!

Author Topic: Preowner known? - my still brandnew MGB - exported to Europe in 2000  (Read 3543 times)

styledriver

• Message Board Member but not an AMGBA Club Member
Hi Guys,

I bought a 1981 first registered MGB in Vermilion  in perfect original condition. It lost the US emission stuff and was converted to 2  SUs. (I only added the stripe kit and a temporary Radio). Some previous owner must upgraded it with Chrome sill plates, Chrome SU tops, Chrome Rocker Cover, Monolita Stering Wheel, Chrome number plate light, and chrome fuel cap.  The hood was professionally repaired in some areas. (I can send close ups!)

The dial only shows 22.600 miles now! Unbelievable  - but true!

I will post the VIN later (donīt have it in my office now).

Does anyone know about its heritage? It was non-California specs and given its perfect condition (absolutely rust-free) I guess it must be from "down south" (e.g. Texas) or whereever itīs very dry. Maybe some enthusiast bought it just to store it away in optimal condition....

See pics here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/klasen/

I would be really happy if you can give any hints to clear up the life of this "lost child"!

All the best from sunny Germany!

Yours, Kristian

AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog