AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader

Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.mgclub.org!

Author Topic: Front Turn Signal Lamp Assembly for '70 GT  (Read 5507 times)

jegliebe3

• AMGBA Club Member
Front Turn Signal Lamp Assembly for '70 GT
« on: October 21, 2009, 11:49:36 AM »
I have looked at virtually every source online and all catalogs I can get my hands on and I have found no replacement part for the Front Turn signal Lamps in the front of my car.  My GT has no side lamps in the front on the fenders, but has the turn signals (one bulb with two elements) in the front metalwork above the valence and directly below and inside the headlights.  If anyone has any ideas, or questions, I can post or sent a pic of the unit. 

Any help will be appreciated.  The units in the catalogs for side/blinker lights do not appear to cover mine.
Thanks in advance
Joe Gliebe
'70 MGB-GT

Art

• chfwrench
  • AMGBA Club Tech Staff
  • Memberhsip Number (if known):: 91-10014
  • MG information: '73 red B roadster
Re: Front Turn Signal Lamp Assembly for '70 GT
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 02:17:21 PM »
Hi Joe,

The front lamp assembly for the 70-74 B/BGT was a single bulb with a singlepiece amber lense.  The lense is no longer in manufacture.  The replacement, Victoria British part number 8-7928 for the complete lamp assembly, still has the single lamp base as you described, but uses an all-amber version of the 2-piece lense from the earlier MGB.

As long as the lenses are replaced in pairs, it is hard to see the difference on the car.  The new lamp base and chrome surround should fit the original lenses, but those you will have to find at a flea market or used part supplier.  You might try British Miles in Morrisville, PA for a used piece. 

I hope that helps you.

Art
Art Isaacs
AMGBA Tech Staff
chfwrench@aol.com

jegliebe3

• AMGBA Club Member
Re: Front Turn Signal Lamp Assembly for '70 GT
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 08:08:51 AM »
you bet it helps, thanks
I guess i looked but got a head-fake by the change in lense cover
Thanks,