AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog
Subscribe in a reader

Join or renew today and receive a free t-shirt or tech CD, see details in the join the club section at www.mgclub.org!

Author Topic: Need tech advise on doing a Rear Brake job on a 1966 MGB Roadster  (Read 58 times)

september24

• An AMGBA Club Member
Hello,
 I just decided to pull my rear RT brake because it was freezing up.  I assumed the brake cylinder on that brake was leaking fluid. Sure enough, i was right!  Shoes lining looked amazingly good after I cleaned it up. I ordered a new cylinder and new springs from MOSS MOTORS. I removed the shoes and put in the new cylinder. I used mostly new springs.

THE PROBLEM IS:

I had a real problem getting the drum back on. I adjusted the brakes all the way down and disconnected the hand brake so that it would not interfere. I finally got them on, but they are as tight as hell!! After I mounted the tire, it would not turn. 

I am hoping once I bleed the brake and pump the brakes, that brake may self-center and loosen up. Has anyone experienced a similar problem and can advise me how to get me out of this fix? thank so much!
Jack Lipomi

amgba

• American MGB Association
  • AMGBA Club Administrator
Re: Need tech advise on doing a Rear Brake job on a 1966 MGB Roadster
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 11:01:26 PM »
Since you used the id and password sent to you by the club, you will not receive any notices regarding this posting.  Many members share that same id and password and that is why you are able to choose an id and password that only belongs to you.

Also you will get a faster response to your question on our Facebook group which is more active than this message board.

The Facebook group is at: www.facebook.com/groups/americanmgbassociation .

Bruce
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 11:05:34 PM by amgba »
American MGB Association
email: info@mgclub.org
phone/text: 773-769-7084

North America's oldest and largest club for all MGBs, MGB-GTs & Midgets.  A nonprofit organization founded in 1975 and offers color magazines, emagazines, technical advice, member recommendations on service shops, registration of your MG, a tradition of service & FREE member classified ads that appear in the magazine & on the website.

AMGBA website home page or AMGBA Photo Gallery or AMGBA Club Blog